Dear Arlo,
The summer's been busy so far, and will only get more so in the weeks to come...
You've done all kinds of new things, including riding the carousel at Santa Monica Pier, going to concerts at The Grove and The Getty, and -- hold on to your horses -- sleeping through the night. But I think the big excitement is really yet to come: next Sunday, you and I will get on an airplane and fly to Washington.
We will visit with your Auntie Amy for a few days before your dad flies up to meet us, and then we three will road trip to Portland to go/camp at your Auntie Nicole's wedding. Then back to Washington, and then home. Two airplanes. Two states. At not yet 18 months, you will have the entire west coast covered. I was 23 before I did that.
In the meantime, I'm a basketcase (or, a flurry of over-organization, really, its all in how you look at it) making lists and stacks and buying surprise toys and having gear shipped ahead of time and mentally practicing navigating LAX on a Sunday afternoon with a toddler, carry-ons and a carseat. By myself.
Also: you move so so fast these days, and I've noticed a theme running through my recent photos of you:




take a deep breath. everything will be fine. we can't wait to see you.
ReplyDelete